Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

From son to son to Son

As our journey to Haiti stretches on and each trip provides new revelation and clarity, going back to the states gets harder and harder. It's not that I don't miss my family, friends, church and our comforts, but it's about what I leave behind. I'm writing this 3 days before we are set to leave, but the thought of leaving Samuel brings me to tears.  The affection grows each moment, each conversation, each smile and even more during those teachable moments of precious life learning. My heart is literally in two places. Half with Jen, Maj, Addy & B and the other with my other sons. I know many don't get this and some may even dismiss this, but it's a beautiful distress. Jen and I have 2 families now, but miles separate our souls. Sam and LG affectionately refer to themselves as the sons of EI.  Their shining potential is what the Lord used to begin this journey over a year and a half ago. We have adopted them, not legally, but spiritually and emotionally they are our sons, just like Major and Beckett. My love and prayers for them are the same; that they may love the Lord with all their heart, that their love of the Lord shines bright in this dark world, wherever that may be. And, that through their gifts and talents they will impact the world around them in the name of Jesus Christ. So whether we are talking about Major at 7 or Samuel at 26 my soul cries to our Father for His favor on their lives. Whether in Denton or Haiti the need for Godly men, husbands, fathers and leaders is overwhelming and some times sickening. So as I, their father, seek and pray for guidance and mercy from the Lord, He is clear on one thing. It's not how I lead these young men and boys, it is about how I live as a son of Christ, learn to follow Him and trust that by being a follower, He will lead my sons, whether here or there, to Him!

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment