Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Comfort

Comfort...

What exactly does this look like?

What does this mean?

Does anyone every actually feel it?

Is it a place where we are called to be?

Fear, anxiety, worry, sacrifice, loneliness, inadequacy; all emotions that flow through me at any given moment. How do I handle this? I crave comfort; then I realize I have what most in the world see as "comfort" and realize I'm not called to stay here.  These emotions are normal and probably justified, but its not ok for me to stay in this place because my faith is greater than these emotions and my God is bigger than them. He is my Overcomer! I can not grasp the reality soon to be part of my story, but I can find joy and excitement in the journey.

My prayer for today for my family and I was for people to believe in us. But I was reminded that God, my God, believes in me. He sent his Son to die for me, because He believes in me and has a plan set before me. I have a choice to seek comfort from my peers, family and friends or I can shift my eyes to Jesus daily and know that He who was sent to save, my Heavenly Father, the Creator, believes in us! Could it get any better?

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Love you guys- going to catch up on your blog soon- didn't know you had it! I still had your old one on my page :) And-- I can't begin to dig in to how much comfort can be an idol for me! So proud of ya'lls obedience.

    ReplyDelete